Friday 28 April 2017

Conversations

The following is typed while minding a baby, and therefore not as gramatically correct as migjht otherwise be expected.

3 Weeks ago

Agent:  Let me see your Full

Me (internal) SHIIIIIIT!!!  This is it, the dream, I've only written the best book ever.  Oh, but I was just editing the ending, because it wasn't 'bang' enough.  I'll ask her to wait.

Me - checks internet.

Internet:  Don't wait.  Agents hate that shit.

Me (internal) fuck you internet, you've been wrong before. You're not the boss of me.

Me (to Agent):  Can you wait? I've just had a baby - so I'm not exactly talking to other people at the minute - I won't query any one else in the meantime.

Internet:  Don't tell agent's you've been unsuccesful in talking to other agents

Me (internal) didn't I tell you to GTFO internet?

Agent (relaxed and cool) Dude, no worries, throw it over when it's as good as you can make it.

Me:  Cool, thanks.

1 Week Ago 

Me:  Here's that manuscript you requested, fully edited, and as good as I can make it.

Agent:  We don't reply to requests, but I'm probably already loving it. But you can't hear me loving it, but trust me, I probably am.

Today:

Me (Internal) You know, I really enjoyed re-editing my book.  I actually forgot how good it was.  I should query more agents.

Me (good angel) You said you wouldn't query anyone else

Me (bad angel) Yeah, but it's a reallly good book.  Share it with the world!!!

Good angel winning right now.  I am Mr goody two shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment